Whey Protein

Whey Protein
Pricing Starting at:
(2 reviews) Write a Review
Calculated at Checkout

Whey Protein Concentrate vs. Isolate

As one of the nation’s largest suppliers of whey protein and bulk ingredients, we wanted to clear up the confusion regarding the differences between various whey protein powders. Today protein powders have become some of the most widely used supplements in sports nutrition and have even made their way into many mainstream products targeted towards overall health and wellness. Below you will learn about the differences between the most common forms of whey protein so that you can decide which type is best for you. 


What makes our protein different? 

Our whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate is completely pure, unflavored powder with NO SOY lecithin.  It can be mixed into a shake or added to countless goods and products.  Many customers add it to baked goods, oatmeal or their favorite drinks.  The fact that it's completely pure gives it higher nutritional value than many of the commercial powders on the market that contain artificial flavors and other additives that you don't even realize are in the product.  Our pure naked powder allows you to flavor it and / or bake it into your favorite recipes. 


Whey Protein Isolate and Concentrate


What is Whey Protein? 

Today most protein found in your favorite supplements comes from milk and is actually a byproduct of cheese or yogurt production. Before it is processed milk protein contains 80% casein and 20% whey. When milk is processed into cheese or yogurt the liquid remaining is the 20% whey. The resulting whey is a fast digesting protein made up of beta-lactoglobulin, alpha lactalbumin, bovine serum albumin, and immunoglobulin that is further processed into a dried powder that will eventually be sold in commercial protein powders. It is important to note that both casein and whey are both beneficial due to the presence of amino acids necessary for your body. Whey is considered the most important because of its ability to help increase the production of new protein in your muscle fiber. Although rare some individuals complain of nausea, mild stomach pains, cramps, fatigue, reduced appetite or potential headaches when they decide to supplement their protein intake.


Whey Protein Concentrate:

Although both whey protein isolate and concentrate are used in the production of nutritional supplements, there are some differences in the two types. When the liquid whey is first collected it is further processed to increase it’s protein content. The liquid is then dried to form a whey protein concentrate powder that contains 80% protein by weight. The remaining 20% of the powder is made up of fats and carbohydrates. This resulting powder is flavored and then filled into the protein powders you find on store shelves. It is also commonly used in weight gainers and protein bars with a higher carb count.


Whey Protein Isolate:

With sports nutrition becoming increasingly popular their has grown a need for lower carb / fat versions of protein. The gold standard in protein supplementation is a whey protein isolate. This powder is further processed to reduce the fat and carbohydrate content of whey into a whey isolate protein powder that contains 90% or more protein by weight. Although similar in amino acid content, isolate has a higher percentage of protein and lower percentage of carbs, fat and lactose per serving which also makes it a more expensive premium product. This also makes it more popular for individuals who aren’t good with lactose.




Although this product does not contain wheat, gluten, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients it is produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens and should be used with caution.

Use this product as a food supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction.

This product is sold by weight not volume.

Store in a cool, dry place after opening. Please Recycle.

Made in the USA

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

2 Reviews

  • 5
    Great find

    Posted by Gina Blake on 6th Nov 2020

    I purchase this for my horse who has a muscle wasting disease. It has been a life saver for him.

  • 5
    Great Product

    Posted by Gary on 22nd Aug 2019

    I hate traditional protein drinks so I mixed this into my almond butter and it worked great. I also tried adding a little to my pre-workout drink and it was amazing. I love that it was unflavored. It gave me a lot more options.