Alcohol Free Witch Hazel
Our alcohol-free Witch Hazel Distillate is a clear, colorless botanical extract prepared from the recently cut and partially dried, dormant twigs of the Hamamelis Virginiana Linne plant. This distillate offers a variety of benefits for the skin and personal care applications in both cosmetics and pharmaceutical products.
Alcohol free distillates are particularly advantageous for applications that require the soothing natural astringent properties of Witch Hazel, but where the use of alcohol is not appropriate. Such formulations may include those with constraints in:
- Processing parameters - high surfactant, multi-phase, or hight temperature products.
- Product performance - foaming products, body washes, mousses, creams
- Marketing claims - alcohol free, sting free and sensitive skin formulations.
The most popular uses are for products where irritation or skin feel is of primary concern. Many customers specify alcohol free witch hazel distillate for treatment products including, anti-irritant products for sun care, wound care, children's sting free products and other products where skin sensitization is an issue.
Applications of alcohol witch hazel:
- Sensitive Skin Formulations - Eye creams / gels / serums, shaving creams
- Alcohol Free Formulations - Toners, Cleansers
- Treatment Products - Wound care, Sun care, Eye Care
Important Disclaimer: All FDA guidelines should be followed for all of our products which includes, but is not limited to, adhering to all FDA regulations involving label claims, warnings, directions of use, etc. You should also make sure you are performing necessary testing on any products you produce using our ingredients. Bulk Apothecary is not liable for any finish products produced using ingredients we sell.