Bath Bomb Perfection
Yep. Perfection. You read that right. This recipe is sure to jump right to the top of your DIY go-to list. You know, the list with the recipes you reserve for gifting purposes (because let?s be honest, the mediocre ones are just fine for ourselves, but when we gift- we gift to impress!).
And when gifting, what’s better than a bath bomb? Everyone can enjoy relaxing with the soothing salts and essential oils released from this fizzy little number.
It’s a show stopper for sure.
This recipe makes a few little bombs, so maybe you’ll even get to keep one for yourself!
What you’ll need:
-8oz. Baking Soda (aka Sodium Bicarbonate)
-4oz. Citric Acid
-4oz. Epsom Salt
-3/4 tsp. Water
-2 tsp. Essential Oil (relax with Lavender or energize with a Citrus scent)
-2.5 tsp. Sweet Almond Oil
-2-5 drops of Food Coloring
–Plastic or Silicone Mold. You can be creative with this (I like the Silicone Flower Soap Mold) or simply use a Dome Mold to make a ball shaped bomb.
How to make the PERFECT little bath bomb:
1. In a large bowl, combine the citric acid, cornstarch, Epsom salt and baking soda. Stir ingredients together using a whisk.
2. In a separate cup, mix together your wet ingredients: water, essential oil, almond oil, and food coloring.
3. Pour your wet ingredients into the bowl with your dry ingredients and stir together (the mixture will begin to form clumps).
4. Now place the mixture into your mold. If you?re using a dome mold, pack each half tightly. Before you close the two sides together, add a little more of the mixture to one side and then squeeze both sides together tightly, snapping the mold shut. If you?re using a standard style of mold, simply pack the openings of the mold with your mixture firmly.
5. Allow the bath bomb mixture to sit in the molds for 5-10 minutes, and then unmold and place on a dry towel covered with a sheet of wax paper to continue hardening. Allow a full day of drying before you package your bath bombs.
6. Wrap them up and pass them out! This is where you impress, so make them look pretty! You can use cellophane, tissue paper, plastic gift bags, and ribbon. Get creative! The recipients of these beauties will surely appreciate your efforts!