Recipe: Essential Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Mmmmmmm…here’s a recipe that will make you smile! Today we’re deviating from soaps, lotions, and essential oil potions and baking! Essential oils are a great addition to your baking arsenal for many reasons; specifically, they pack a punch when it comes to taste. Just a little goes a long way and can take an average recipe to the top of your favorites after just one bite. Another reason why you should try using them in your cooking and baking? Since a little goes a looooooonnnggg way, a tiny vial will last you a long time making it a great investment. Your family and friends, and anyone else who happens to taste your finished products, will thank you.
Oatmeal cookies are a great recipe to incorporate an essential oil in. Replacing the called-for amount of dry cinnamon with a drop of cinnamon essential oil will send your taste buds into overload. Just the smell of these cookies baking in the over is intoxicating! Blend in some dark chocolate chunks and you’ll have to resist the urge to eat the entire batch yourself! Try them for yourself and see what all the fuss is about.
Essential Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 stick plus 6 tbsp softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F
- Using your stand mixer, beat butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and cinnamon bark essential oil and continue to mix.
- Next, add in flour, baking soda and salt, blending until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- By hand, stir in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Share with family and friends- to keep from eating them ALL yourself!!