DIY Golden Ginger Bath Bomb
DIY Golden Ginger Bath Bomb
The holidays are coming, meaning chaos and stress. A nice, luxurious bath is likely in order. Why settle for any regular bath experience? Why not add some sparkle to it? If you’re a bath bomb making extraordinaire and are up to a challenge, here are some DIY golden ginger bath bomb recipes you can try to give yourself (and friends and family) a luxurious bath experience:
Luxurious Midas Touch Bath Bombs
- 3 cups baking soda
- 1½ cups citric acid
- 2 teaspoons of ginger root essential oil
- 1.5 oz. meadowfoam seed oil
- 1 oz. cocoa butter
- Shimmer sparkle gold melt and pour soap color block
- In a large bowl, add the baking soda and citric acid. Break up the clumps with your hands.
- Pour the meadowfoam oil and cocoa butter in a microwave safe container and completely melt the cocoa butter. Microwave and stir every 30 seconds.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir in the ginger root essential oil. Allow the oil to cool as it can be extremely hot and possibly burn your hands.
- Use your hands to work the ginger oil throughout the mixture. Continue to mix until the oils and dry ingredients are completely combined. This may take several minutes.
- Melt the shimmer sparkle gold melt soap till it is a fine, smooth liquid. Mix in the melted soap in the mixture. Start with a few tablespoons. Add more if you want a more saturated color and sparkle.
- Check the moisture of your bath bomb mixture. They should be of the texture of wet sand and hold their shape when squeezed with your hands. If they are too dry, you can gently spray them with water or witch hazel.
- Fill your bath bomb molds with the mixture by gently pressing in mixture into both halves of the molds. To avoid imperfections, apply pressure to the edges of the mold when pressing together the eyelets.
- Allow the bath bombs to harden in the molds for 24 hours before use.
- Take the bath bombs out of the molds and put them into the bath water and enjoy. Keep unused bath bombs in the molds as humidity in the air can trigger their fizzing reaction.
Basic Ginger Sparkle Bath Bomb
If you’re more of a beginner at bath bomb making, this ginger sparkle bath bomb recipe may be for you.
- ½ cup baking soda
- 4 tablespoons citric acid
- 3 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Shimmer sparkle gold melt and pour soap coloring
- Ginger root essential oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Glycerin
- Mix the citric acid, baking powder and corn starch together in a large bowl.
- Melt the soap coloring.
- Slowly add the glycerin to the dry mixture. Mix thoroughly and gently. Mix in the ginger essential oil and the gold soap coloring to the mixture. Get rid of the clumps by using your hands.
- Now, quickly fill the bath bomb molds with the bath bomb mix.
- Leave the mixture in the mold for at least 24 hours.
Homemade ginger bath bombs are fun to make and make for unique, special and inexpensive gifts. The added touch of sparkle will make an enjoyable gift for any woman in your life. Let the stress of the holidays melt away as you enjoy a nourishing and luxurious bath with your golden ginger bath bomb. If you don’t have all the ingredients for this amazing bath experience, don’t worry. Bulk Apothecary has a large selection of essential oils, coloring, soap, candle and diffuser making kits and supplies.