As summer draws to an end and kids everywhere are gearing up for a brand new school year, you may find yourself stepping back into a routine after a few months off. No more late nights for the kiddos- it’s time for a set bedtime and evening schedule.
Bath bombs are a fun and easy way to coax the kids into the tub a little earlier. Fun colors, fruity fragrances and a little fizz make bath time an event they look forward to. And they’re pretty easy to whip up!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup Baking Soda
½ cup Citric Acid
½ cup Epsom Salt
½ cup Corn Starch
4 tsp Coconut Oil
Pigment Powder or Liquid Soap Color (2 colors)
Here’s what to do:
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Divide the mixture evenly into two bowls. Set aside.
- Divide the coconut oil and fragrance oil into two small bowls. Mix in either a pinch of pigment powder or a few drops of liquid soap color (any color combination will work!).
- Whisk the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients creating two colored mixtures. The ingredients should clump together when you squeeze a handful.
- Press the mixture into the mold alternating the colors as you go for a fun swirled look.
- Allow the bath bombs to dry for at least 4 hours.
- Drop into a warm bath and enjoy!
Candy Swirl Bath Bombs Recipe