Another flavor we all love this time of year is gingerbread, so why not make some Gingerbread soaps to give as housewarming gifts for your holiday parties. The recipe below can be altered, you can use another fragrance or essential oil with the Gingerbread mold if you want it to look one way and smell another. As always, get creative! These are great for kids and stocking stuffers! 🙂
- 2-3 Drops Gingerbread Fragrance Oil. This can be purchased in the seasonal section of your craft/grocery store. You can substitute with other oils– use peppermint oil for a wonderful peppermint soap!
- Gingerbread Soap Mold
- A melt and pour soap – we recommend the shea butter base.
- Cut melt and pour base into small cubes. Place in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Mix base, heat for another 30 seconds.
- Once melted, add approximately 2-3 drops of gingerbread/other essential oil (if you are looking for a more complex scent we suggest Hansel and Gretel Fragrance Oil). Tip: This is the step where you would add colors if you wanted something more vibrant.
- Pour soap into gingerbread mold. Tip: Spray the top of the soap with rubbing alcohol to reduce bubbling.
- Let sit for 3 hours. Tip: Some people put the soap into the freezer to harden.
Now your soap is ready to use! It’s very simple to create your own soap, and you will find that you can get incredibly creative over time. This soap will put you in the mood when you lather up with holiday cheer in the mornings, or simply add a special holiday touch to your kitchen or bathroom!
**Due to the ingredients, the soap has a shorter shelf life. You will notice the product loses much of its scent after about 5 months or so. Be sure to get use out of it before the holidays are over.