Sometimes it’s absolutely necessary to pamper yourself. To close the doors to the outside world and focus solely on YOU. It’s good for the soul. Good for the mind. And, in this case, good for the skin! After event-filled weekends packed with socializing, food, and a few holiday cocktails, my skin has been in need of a little rejuvenation! The frosty cold weather here in Ohio doesn?t help it much either?. I’ve been feeling dry, dull, and for lack of better terms, blah.
Anyway, just when I was feeling a little blue about myself, I stumbled across this lovely herbal steam facial while I was (no surprise here) perusing Pinterest. The Glamorganic Goddess got it right when she posted this recipe! It was just what my skin was in need of. A nourishing blend of herbal tea, coconut oil, and essential oils (I used Lavender because I was in spa-mode and the relaxing scent was perfect!) quickly wiped away any signs of dull, lifeless skin and left my face feeling dewy and refreshed.
You’ve got to try this one!
DIY Steam Facial
What You’ll Need:
Large Stainless Steel or Glass Mixing Bowl
Large, Heavy Towel
4 Cups Water
2-3 Tea Bags, Any Variety
3 Tablespoons Witch Hazel
1. Prepare a pot of hot water and add 2-3 tea bags. Steep tea according to the instructions listed on the packaging. Be sure to cool slightly before continuing to avoid any accidents or burns.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of Witch Hazel and a few drops of the Essential Oils you’ve picked to use to the bowl. Remember, if you’re using a stronger essential oil (like Peppermint, for example), less is more!
3. Apply a thin layer of oil onto damp, freshly cleansed skin
4. Set the timer for 10-15 minutes
5. Create a Towel Tent over your head while leaning over the bowl, making sure to tuck in all sides.
6. Close your eyes, relax, and breathe deeply during your steam facial.
7. When your steam time is over, rinse your face with cool water and apply a thin layer of oil to seal the new moisture.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Recipe adapted from theglamorganicgoddess.com